|Enter the sum: 9 + 18 = (What is this?)|
The Big Thaw: Charting a New Course for Journalism is a year-long study just released by The Media Consortium.
The Big Thaw/ was born out of a "game changer" strategy project initiated in 2008 by The Media Consortium to support the evolution of independent media. It features:
* Detailed analysis of independent media's competitive landscape and skills needed to succeed.
* Summary of market trends and implications for journalism & business models.
* Strategy guide for media organizations.
* Leading ideas and innovations.
* *Interviews with thought leaders:* John Battelle (Federated Media), John Bracken (MacArthur Foundation), Amy Gahran (Poynter Institute), Jay Harris (/Mother Jones/), Larry Irving, (former Assist. Secretary, U.S. Dept. of Commerce), Vivian Schiller (NPR), Clay Shirky (NYU), Ashish Soni (USC), Don Tapscott (/Wikinomics/), Katrin Verclas (MobileActive) and David Weinberger (Harvard) and more.
If you have any questions about/ The Big Thaw, /the Incubation and Innovation Lab, or would like a hard copy of the study, please contact
Erin Polgreen, Senior Program Associate, The Media Consortium
» Click here to return to the Resource index.